Visitors Feedback Form

United Republic of Tanzania  
  • Mwl. Julius K. Nyerere
  • Mh. Amani Abeid Karume
How Do I
Read More » ...
Home HOW DO I Register
Tanzania Revenue Authority - TRA

Ease of Access

A motor vehicle or road vehicle is a self-propelled wheeled vehicle that does not operate on rails, such as trains or trolleys. Every person owning a motor vehicle shall make application for the registration of such a motor vehicle except for motor vehicles owned by the Government, Tanzania Peoples Defense Forces, and International organizations, diplomatic or consular offices whether or not such motor vehicles are meant for use for public transport or private transport. 

  Requirements :  

  • Bill of Lading, Interpol letter (if the vehicle is imported from a SADC member country)
  • Tax invoice  (if vehicle is purchased from local car dealer)
  • Cancellation certificate or registration card (used vehicles)  
  • You must be 18 years or over to be registered 
  •  Customs declaration form single bill of entry and release order.

  Procedures : 

  • Apply for motor vehicle registration at TRA
  • Properly fill form (MV 10)
  • Submit  Receipt for duty paid (Bank Pay In Slip) or exemption letter
  • Submit copy of your TIN certificate
  • Submit Vehicle inspection report from the police traffic (if your vehicle is more than 3 years old) 
  • Pay the prescribed fee Tshs 150,000/-

          The registrar will not register as the owner of a motor vehicle any person of unsound mind.

Source: Government Portal Content Team, Last Reviewed on: 29-10-2018
Click here to subscribe this page
Subscribe new content on this page